Confessions of a frequently frazzled flamingo ???? who has trouble keeping all her ???? shrimps in a row
There’re only four types of Humans in the World:
The early birds:
- You’ll find them at 3 AM doing an aerial kickboxing dance training with a smile and a perfect make up ????. They swear by their daily organic green juice ???? , will enjoy a frosty shower chanting mantras to realign their crystals. They know by heart all the good (bio, organic, & hidden) places to buy kale ???? or elderberries (and they’re happy to share them with you). They’re up for every adventure, be it a karaoke ???? night, an impromptu fund raising, or a last-minute costume for the neighbor’s 12-lbs Persan cat named Mr. Imperator. ????
The night owls:
- I wish I knew the secret handshake to join *this* tribe. They seem to have more caffeine ☕️ in their veins than actual blood cells. Their talents bloom as surely as the Moon’s ???? getting visible. They can experience the calmness of the city, breathing, living, working by night as the vast majority of humanity snoozes undisturbed. Is it just me or does this have an “Interview with a Vampire” vibe?? ????????♀️
The permanently exhausted pigeon:
- Thanks to the hilarious work of Gemma Correll, we’re now aware of this not-so-rare breed that lives amongst us. ????These parents are the ones who wake up at the crack of dawn to get their kids’ lunch ready, work on their presentation on the 19th century Gnome and Faes ????????♀️ Battle until it’s amazing, or check their design multiple times before publishing it. They can multitask with more talents than a Gold Medal ????Octopus & end up fried at 7PM (wishing they can magically end up in their bed in a snap).
The Frequently Frazzled Flamingo©:
- An emerging breed of Humans who have multiple passions and talents. Who feel like aliens ???? 24/7 for sharing their love for pursuing a career as a Gluten Free Chef ????????????, a cat-sitter, and a novelist. A lifelong learner driven by curiosity and a deep need for equilibrium ⚖️ between their passions and their overall health. A perpetual balancing act between setting boundaries and their genuine kindness to support others.
A Human experiencing emotional tug of war, creative self-doubts, and directional dilemmas. Those are the “dark side” of the Multi-Talented, the Renaissance Person, or what I call the Multi-Creative.
Side note, if you want a totally biased, non-medical, absolutely random but hilarious way to see if you’re one of us, the Fifi, read this article.
Why but why choosing a Flamingo ?????
It could have been to pay a tribute to Las Vegas, but… no.
Have you already take a look at a flamingo? I mean… really, observing this turkey-like bird on two high heels drumsticks?
A flamingo is one of the 0.1% improbable birds on Earth (with the platypus being a close contender, but that’s another story).
Its aero dynamism is questionable: will it fly or fall flat?
Its sleeping habit is odd, to say the less: who’s sleeping on one foot only??
Its color comes from its food. Meaning, I’m gonna have banana, chocolate chunks, and milk all over my skin (That’s a whole new level of life commitment).
Its stability is at stake. Put a sudden gust of wind and pray it’ll stick on the ground (or not…).
Just as the Multi-Creative is in the dark about its own skills and abilities, the Frequently Frazzled Flamingo is having a hard time keeping all her shrimps in a row.
Talking about shrimps ????
Acknowledging you’re a Frequently Frazzled Flamingo (like Fifi) is like a breath of fresh air when you’ve been the ugly duckling all your life.
It’s finding a word to describe:
(a) your state of mind,
(b) the recurring train of self-doubt about your decisions,
(c) the constant thread of insecurity following an unconventional life path,
(d) the stream of left behind ideas and projects you once loved but have no more interest in now…
It’s wrapping your finest Mont-Blanc fountain pen around this nagging fear of:
- “What if I make the wrong choices?”
- “What if I let my life passing by without making meaningful impact?”
By product of being like Fifi, you feel like you wake up after a thousand years of deep sleep where you were numb and stuck in a linear way of thinking.
And this waking up make look a little… well… ghost-like-ish:
Maybe being Fifi is a chance…
A chance for you to recalibrate, pivot, change, try, test, tweak, say No, be wild, be free, make it real, make it fun, make it so you.
A chance for you to follow your passions, integrate your skills, share your diverse talents, build bridges, connect dots.
A chance for your loved ones to see how joyful, calm, confident, capable, creative, cozy, composed you can be.
A chance for your community to have such a special, unique, creative, talented, and dedicated Human.
A chance for the next generation to have role models who can experiment, develop interests, have talents in various topics without being labeled as inadequate aliens.
You being you is a chance.
You are a chance.
Will you take it?
(Want to know what happens if you clicks on the big orange button? I see you… smart double chocolate cookie. You’ll be granted with 37 hilarious way to say no without looking like an Iced Queen Villain & a 2-week email series to catch your breath and sigh of solace. You’re welcome!)